LEctures and Conferences
Desire and the good life
A reflection on the Aristotelian tradition, especially as it regards practical reasoning as a way of seeking the good. Featuring:
- Jennifer Frey - University of South Carolina
- Candace Vogler - University of Chicago
- Katja Vogt - Columbia University
- Dhananjay Jagannathan - Columbia University
Why Liberalism failed
In light of the increasing tensions apparent in liberal societies, is Liberalism an inherently contradictory system whose success generates its own downfall? Patrick Deneen elaborates on the argument of his new book and Daniel Mahoney responds.
- Patrick Deneen - University of Notre Dame
- Daniel Mahoney - Assumption College
Guilt, Sin, and Privilege: A Fresh Look
Bill McClay expounds on the idea that modern secular society has not shed the mindset of sin and repentance, but is in fact burdened by a graver psychology of transgression and guilt with no adequate means of expiation. Rabbi Shalom Carmy responds.
- Bill McClay - University of Oklahoma
- Rabbi Shalom Carmy - Yeshiva University